The Monitor is responsible for assuring quality service to all guests of the organization in a compassionate and professional manner. Objectives include supportive interaction with guests and co-workers, assessment of guests’ needs, and performance of all work duties including but not limited to:
- Supervise guest activities and respond to all guest questions and concerns.
- Ensure safety and security of guests and property at host church and main Berkeley campus.
- Provide emergency assistance to guests and co-workers as necessary.
- Perform housekeeping and other maintenance tasks as needed (i.e. move tables and chairs, plunge toilets, etc.) Maintain cleanliness of host church site and Berkeley campus.
- Address any behavior issues that create disharmony, criminal, or otherwise non-productive behavior.
- Model positive, professional behavior for guests, including appearance and communication.
- Complete all intake forms, observation logs, incident reports and other required documentation in a timely manner.
- Document and notify management of guest concerns, potential workflow problems and/or any exceptions to policy that can impact program security.
- Adhere to staffing schedules to provide adequate and safe staffing coverage.
- Maintain working knowledge of fire, safety, and health standards to ensure a safe work environment for guests and co-workers.
- May be required to transport guests and/or belongings in large passenger van.
High school diploma or equivalent is required. Specific knowledge and experience with Twelve Step philosophy, addiction and recovery, and dysfunctional family dynamics is preferred.